Thresholds is for women who are about to give birth or who have just given birth and:
- Are at risk of becoming homeless
- Are at risk of losing custody of their children
- Have no current criminal involvement
- Are in recovery and maintaining an alcohol and drug free life
Program participants are connected with community programs and resources as well as Aunt Leah’s workshops. These include:
- Post-natal support
- Life skills assessment – helping Moms with their preparedness to successfully parent and live independently with their babies
- Aboriginal Infant Development Program (AIDP)
- Cultural teachings
- Scheduled weekly programming that encourages mom and baby bonding and develops parenting skills
For more information, please call 604-525-1204 and ask to speak to the Thresholds Coordinator.
Funding Provided By:
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Homelessness Partnering Strategy.