Social Enterprises Sales Manager
For over 25 years, Aunt Leah’s Social Enterprises have been raising money to fund programs that help prevent youth in foster care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. Join one of Canada’s top 10 impact charities and gain valuable non-profit experience while supporting Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids.
Aunt Leah’s Social Enterprises comprise a Thrift Store, Online Store, Donation Centre, and seasonal Christmas Tree sales at pop up lots around Greater Vancouver. The Donation Centre is our hub for selection and distribution of donated clothing, shoes, household items and furniture that support our Thrift Store sales, online sales via Shopify, re-direction to other community organizations, and furnishing assisted living suites. Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree sales operate from mid-November to Christmas Eve each year and is one of our significant annual fundraisers.
Under the direction and guidance of the Social Enterprise Manager, the Sales Manager will plan and execute all aspects of Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree sales and will provide sales support to our Thrift Store, Online Store, and Donation Centre team.
Our ideal Social Enterprise Sales Manager is well-organized, is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, has small business management or supervisory experience, and is able to work with diverse groups of people such as volunteers or employment trainees.
Reports to: Social Enterprise Manager
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience in small business, retail, social service or non-profit management
- An undergraduate degree in business or humanities, or a relevant combination of education and experience
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility – ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Multicultural awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory/ management skills
- Comfortable working at hot desks at several locations
- Undergo and maintain satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License and be comfortable driving a delivery van
- Produce and maintain clear Driver’s Abstract
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions during the months of November and December
- Ability to lift heavy objects of 50lbs or heavier
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree Lot
- Reviews and updates annual business plan including budget projections
- Plans and executes all operational and business needs for tree lots including product orders, site set ups and take downs, financial accounting, cash handling, licensing, insurance, and online store management
- Collaborates with Human Resources to hire all seasonal tree lot staff
- Supervises seasonal tree lot staff including Christmas Tree Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, Delivery Driver and Administrative Assistant
- Works with the Volunteer and Events Coordinator to establish positive relations with individuals and groups who volunteer at Aunt Leah’s Tree Lots
- Provides a consistent onsite presence at all Tree Lot sites during weeks of operation
- Oversees record keeping and annual outcomes reporting
- Ensures Tree Lots are executed profitably and in compliance with standardized business practices – Daily cash reconciliation, bank deposits, and open and close locations
- Ensures each Tree Lot runs smoothly and meets projected revenues and sales estimates
- Facilitates seasonal staff and volunteer training
- Ensures that each Tree Lot is clean, safe, and secure according to Aunt Leah’s health and safety policies
- Manages, responds to and resolves customer questions and complaints
Aunt Leah’s Thrift and Donation Centre
When not working on the planning and execution of Aunt Leah’s Christmas Tree sales, the Sales Manager will collaborate with peer managers to ensure smooth operation of the Retail Thrift and Donations Social Enterprise.
- Provides operational support to Aunt Leah’s Thrift Store and Donation Centre:
- Receives donations and selects inventory for online and store sales
- Assists in the management of Aunt Leah’s online thrift store
- Works part time retail sales shifts at Aunt Leah’s Thrift store
- Manages, and drives if necessary, in support of delivering/moving product from Thrift Store to program locations and/or to program participants’ home(s) to provide free product for youth aging out of care and mothers in need
- Assists with social media marketing including Instagram content creation and posting
- Performs duties as assigned by supervisor to support the broader operational needs
Hours of Work: This is a full-time temporary 18 month position (37.5 hrs/week) with possibility of extension or becoming permanent depending on operational needs. Please note that this position may require flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. Work is performed at multiple locations throughout the lower mainland including the Donation Centre, Thrift Store, Vancouver office, and seasonal Christmas Tree Lots.
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including dental, extended health with vision care, group life insurance, etc. after 6 months of continuous employment. RRSP after one year of employment. Employee Discount at our Thrift Store as well.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants and will contact short-listed candidates for interviews.