Social Enterprise Operations Assistant
Job Summary: The Social Enterprise Assistant will work with other members of the Social Enterprise Team to ensure efficient operation of our Donation Centre, Online Store, and Thrift Store. This role reports to the Social Enterprise Manager, assisting all aspects of Aunt Leah’s retail thrift and donations operations at Aunt Leah’s Donation Centre at 8380 St. George Street Vancouver, and Thrift Store at 3328 Fraser St. Vancouver.
The Donations Centre is our hub for the selection and distribution of donated clothing, shoes, household items, and furniture that support our Social Enterprises – Thrift Store sales, online sales via Shopify, re-direction to other community organizations, and furnishing assisted living suites. Our ideal Social Enterprise Operations Assistant is well-organized, loves to thrift, is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, has an eye for fashion and style, and is able to work with diverse groups of people such as volunteers or employment trainees. Regular work shifts will be at both Donation Center and Thrift Store.
Reports to: Social Enterprise Manager
Our ideal candidate possesses:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Flexibility – comfortable working at hot desks.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Knowledge of retail best practices including inventory management and Point of Sale systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• A valid BC class 5 driver’s license and clear driver abstract.
• Knowledge of social media marketing techniques.
• Physical ability to lift and move furniture up to 50lbs
• Aptitude for fashion and styling concepts
• Non – profit experience working with volunteers and donors is an asset.
• Assists operations at Aunt Leah’s Thrift Store and Donation Centre.
• Receives donations and selects inventory for online and store sales.
• Assists in the daily management of Aunt Leah’s online store.
• Works retail sales shifts at Aunt Leah’s Thrift store.
• Drives in support of donation pick-ups and inventory transfer from Donation Centre to Store.
• Role models and delivers exceptional customer service.
• Assists with Instagram content creation and posting.
• May be required to work outdoors in all weather conditions at Greater Vancouver pop-ups selling Christmas Trees from mid-November to mid-December.
• Performs duties as assigned by supervisor to support the broader operational needs of Aunt Leah’s Independent Life Skills Society.
• A desire to contribute to Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids.
A Criminal Record Check is required before the start date.
Working Conditions: This is a full-time temporary position (approximately 6 months to start with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent) with comprehensive benefits. The Social Enterprise Operations Assistant will work 37.5 hrs per week from Tuesday to Saturday, and be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends. Schedule may change based on operational needs.
Candidates MUST have a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License, and be comfortable driving a delivery van.
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.
Salary: up to $20/hour
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate the position applied for.