Sales Manager – Christmas Trees
Aunt Leah’s Christmas Trees (seasonal) www.auntleahs.org
For over 25 years, Aunt Leah’s Christmas tree sales have been raising money to fund programs that help prevent youth in foster care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. Join us and gain valuable non-profit work experience while supporting Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids.
For our 2021 Christmas season we are seeking 9 seasonal, Sales Managers – Christmas Trees to supervise our Christmas tree sales in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, and Coquitlam. The positions commence on November 8 (with paid training), and end on December 23, 2021.
All sales locations are easily accessible via transit.
These are ideal positions for those seeking seasonal employment of approximately 40 hrs per week in support of one of Canada’s top 10 impact charities.
Sales Managers are responsible for the overall operation of their sales location. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in site set up and take down
- Daily opening and closing
- Inventory management
- Sales, up-selling, and wrapping of the trees
- Supervision and orientation of sales associates and volunteers
- Cash handling
- Daily financial reconciliation and reporting
- Management of tree delivery schedules
Ideal candidates possess:
- Experience in sales
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Management and supervision experience
- Physical ability to safely lift 50 lbs
- Ability to safely operate hand tools – saw and loppers (training provided)
- Non – profit experience supervising volunteers and working with donors is an asset
- A desire to contribute to Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required before start date
Candidates must be able to commit to approximately 40 hrs per week and be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends. Tree Lot hours of operation are generally 9am-9pm.
Salary – $22/hour
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the position you are applying for and location preference in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will start November 8th