Sales Manager – Christmas Tree Sales
Aunt Leah’s Christmas Trees (seasonal) www.auntleahs.org
For over 25 years, Aunt Leah’s Christmas tree sales have been raising money to fund programs that help prevent youth in foster care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. Join us and gain valuable non-profit work experience while supporting Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids.
For our 2022 Christmas season, we are seeking seasonal Sales Managers to manage and supervise our Christmas Tree Lots in either Vancouver, Burnaby, or Coquitlam. The positions commence on November 14 (with paid training), and end on December 23, 2021. All sales locations are easily accessible via transit.
These are ideal positions for those seeking seasonal employment of approximately 40 hrs per week in support of one of Canada’s top 10 impact charities.
Sales Managers are responsible for the overall operation of their sales location. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in site setup and take down
- Daily opening and closing of the tree lot
- Inventory management
- Sales and up-selling
- Wrapping trees and tying trees to customers’ vehicles
- Supervision and orientation of volunteers
- Cash handling
- Daily financial reconciliation and reporting
- Participate in unloading of suppliers’ deliveries
Ideal candidates possess:
- Experience in sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Management and supervision experience
- Physical ability to safely lift 50 lbs
- Ability to safely operate hand tools – saw and loppers (training provided)
- Non–profit experience supervising volunteers and working with donors is an asset
- A desire to contribute to Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required before the start date
Candidates must be able to commit to approximately 40 hrs per week and be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends. Tree Lot hours of operation are generally 9.30am-9pm.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: As of January 4, 2022, Aunt Leah’s Place has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination policy. Aunt Leah’s Place strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) for COVID-19. Rather than a mandatory vaccine policy, we are implementing a voluntary disclosure of vaccination. Employees will fill out a “voluntary disclosure” form indicating their vaccination status. Employees that do not wish to voluntarily disclose their vaccination status will be considered unvaccinated for operational planning purposes. The voluntary disclosure form will be included in the hiring process.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] . Please indicate the position you are applying for and location preference in the subject line.
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.