Donor Relations Assistant and Seymour Office Administrative Assistant
If you are looking for an opportunity to use your office support skills, grow your fundraising administration experience and work as an important part of a small team with an organization that makes a real difference in the lives of hundreds of youth every year please apply.
Approx. 12-Month Leave Coverage – Full-time Temporary (37.5 hrs/week)
Aunt Leah’s Place supports youth leaving the foster care system in BC by providing programs and services housing, education, employment and life skills, food security, and health. A leader in the community for over 35 years Aunt Leah’s advocates for an environment where all children connected to the foster care system have equal opportunities akin to what parented children receive. We value and respect each individual, and encourage success through communication, celebration, entrepreneurial spirit, and community building.
About the Position:
This position offers a mix of fundraising administration (75%) and general office support (25%). The fundraising support focuses on individual giving, gift processing, and donor stewardship as part of a small but effective fundraising team. Aunt Leah’s Place uses Salesforce and other connecting platforms to facilitate giving, gift acknowledgment, and tax receipting.
This position supports the Development Director and Grant Writer & Development Officer with general fundraising administrative activities.
The Donor Relations Officer
- Data entry & record maintenance in Salesforce
- Donation & tax receipt processing
- Maintains automatic giving platforms and processes
Donor Recognition and Stewardship:
- Coordinates and sends thank you cards, welcome packages, etc.
- Administrative support for fundraising campaign mail-outs
- Responds to donor inquiries by email and phone
Development Team support with:
- Taking meeting minutes
- General filing
- Events and meetings
General Office Support:
- Reception duties; phone and office entry
- Coordinates office operations, equipment, supplies, security, room bookings, schedules and office calendars, health and safety practices
- Coordinates mail services (receiving, distribution, postage, couriers and mail outs)
- Coordinates maintenance and repairs for office space with operations team
- Provides office orientation to new staff
- Administrative and general office duties and errands (picking up office supplies)
- Other duties as assigned by the Development team that do not affect the nature of the job
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, some post-secondary education, or Administrative/Office Assistant Certificate
- 1 year of administrative work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset Experience supporting general office operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take meeting minutes with a high level of accuracy
- Exceptional task and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- 1 year of experience in data entry and database record keeping
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to maintain files and track details
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to take direction and to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgement
- You are passionate about the Organization’s mission and understand the current and historical context of the child welfare system in relation to colonization
Working at Aunt Leah’s requires:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Adherence to our Society’s Code of Ethics
- CPI – Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
- BC Driver’s License and clear or satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Ability to work flexible hours, and occasional evenings to assist with events
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
As of January 4, 2022, Aunt Leah’s Place has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination policy. Aunt Leah’s Place strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) for COVID-19. Rather than a mandatory vaccine policy, we are implementing a voluntary disclosure of vaccination. Employees will fill out a “voluntary disclosure” form indicating their vaccination status. Employees that do not wish to voluntarily disclose their vaccination status will be considered unvaccinated for operational planning purposes. The voluntary disclosure form will be included in the hiring process.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes: dental, extended health care including vision care and prescription, RRSP matching, generous vacation, and personal time package, and an employee discount at our Thrift Store.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectation, quoting Donor Relations Assistant in the subject line, to [email protected] Short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest in joining Aunt Leah’s Independent Life Skills Society!
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.