Communications and Marketing Team Lead
Aunt Leah’s Place is a registered charity that has been helping kids in foster care and teen moms achieve a better future for over 30 years. Aunt Leah’s Place helps prevent children in foster care from becoming homeless, and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. To support them on their journey to self-sufficiency, we provide housing, education & training and life skills. Aunt Leah’s has been recognized by Charity Intelligence as one of the Top 10 Impact Charities.
This position provides project management for communication strategies and initiatives that support Aunt Leah’s fundraising, development and programming priorities. Leads the execution of all marketing communication tactics including print, digital and social media to target audiences.
Reports to: Communications & Marketing Manager
Degree in Communication and 2-3 years relevant experience in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated project management skills, prioritizing tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability in event marketing and planning
- Strong written communications with an ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Strong public speaking skills with a focus on public engagement
- Ability to produce content with a high level of detail and accuracy
- Quick learner with strong research skills and aptitude for new technology
- Ability to think critically and creatively while remaining flexible within a fast-paced changing environment
- Experience with digital marketing (social media, website content management, video production)
- Skilled in WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including Premiere Pro and Photoshop) would be an asset
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, Office 365)
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Supervisory experience and skills
- You are passionate about the Organization’s mission and understand the current and historical context of the child welfare system in relation to colonization.
- Undergoes and maintains satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Agrees to the Society’s Code of Ethics
- Follows Aunt Leah’s Practice Guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop, and deploy content across various print and digital platforms including but not limited to website, blog posts, social media, annual reports, newsletters, direct mail and brochures
- Work collaboratively across the organization to assist in developing communication and marketing strategies and materials in both print and digital media, that support organization development, social enterprises, advocacy work, and program-specific objectives
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Manager to advance omnichannel marketing and communication strategies
- Work collaboratively and supportively with the Communications & Marketing Manager to ensure operational needs are being met
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness of communications through social media analytics tools, website traffic and conversions
- Solicit opportunities to share stories with media through press releases and advertising
- Recognize and leverage opportunities to create stories of impact. Write compelling stories by engaging with Program Coordinators, partners, donors, volunteers and community champions, adapting writing style tailored to the audience
- Writing, copy editing and creating the production and distribution of quality communication & marketing materials (i.e. social media, blogs, website content, photography, video, brochures, posters, newsletters, proposals, press release/briefing, white papers, annual reports, etc.), including contributions from youth, volunteers, and employees, in both print and digital formats
- Execute on marketing event strategy including event planning and marketing providing an engaging event experience
- Speech writing and presenting at various public speaking & engagement events as representative of Aunt Leah’s Place
- Act as an expert resource on communications & marketing to the management and development teams
- Oversee 2-3 staff providing mentorship, coaching, support and advice
- Mentor & provide supervision of intern and participants who are performing short-term and part-time work on behalf of Aunt Leah’s Place.
- Work collaboratively with contracted and/or pro bono publicists
- Collaboratively develop and support third party partnerships and enquiries
- Ensure privacy policies and procedures are being followed
- Develop and maintain a photo library and applicable privacy requirements for media and public relations images
- Other related duties, as assigned, that do not affect the nature of the work
Hours of Work: This position is full-time (37.5 hrs/week). Please note that this position may require some evening and weekend work for special events. Work is generally performed in an office environment; flexibility to work remotely based on operational needs.
We offer: A comprehensive benefits package that includes: dental, extended health care including vision care and prescription, RRSP matching, generous vacation, and personal time package, and an employee discount at our Thrift Store.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectation noted, quoting Communications and Marketing Team Lead in the subject line, to email@example.com. Short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest in Aunt Leah’s Independent Life Skills Society
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.