Christmas Tree Lot Sales Assistant (CSJ)
Job Summary: Works as a cooperative member of the Tree Lot Team to optimize entrepreneurial business through Aunt Leah’s Tree Lots to raise funds to help prevent children in care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. The Sales Assistant will assist with the sales of Christmas Trees, maintain lot cleanliness, enhance customer satisfaction, and work as a part of the Christmas Tree Lot Team to meet sales and profitability goals.
Eligibility: In compliance with the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, to be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Reports To: Sales Manager – Christmas Trees
- 1-2 years of experience in a retail setting.
- 1-2 years experience in customer service
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Previous sales experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of retail best practices
- Previous cash handling experience
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Multicultural Awareness & Sensitivity
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Undergo & maintain satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Agrees to the Society’s Code of Ethics
- Ability to lift 50lb or heavier
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tree Lot Sales Assistant, will work with other members of the Tree Lot team to increase company profitability primarily through sales and customer service.
Retail Duties include:
- Customer Service: Works on the Tree Lot sales floor to increase customer base, expand tree lot traffic, and ensure that all volunteers & staff provide exceptional customer service to customers. Deals with customer queries. Refers customer complaints to Tree Lot Manager \ Assistant Manager.
- Sales: Works as part of the Tree Lot Team in selling Christmas Trees, Tree accessories. Maximizing profits for the Tree Lot Fundraiser.
- Product Selection & Merchandising: As a member of the Sales Team, maintain Tree Lot Selection, Tree Displays, and accessory merchandising.
- Operations: Assists with Tree Deliveries at Tree Lots. Assists with preparing online tree orders for delivery.
Physical Demands: This position requires some lifting of 50lb or heavier. Required to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Hours of Work: Full-time temporary (35 hours a day for 8 weeks)
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate the position applied for.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will start on November 8th