Assistant Operations Manager – Christmas Tree Sales
Aunt Leah’s Christmas Trees (seasonal) www.auntleahs.org
For over 25 years, Aunt Leah’s Christmas tree sales have been raising money to fund programs that help prevent youth in foster care from becoming homeless and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. Join us and gain valuable non-profit work experience while supporting Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids.
For our 2021 Christmas season we are seeking a full- time Assistant Operations Manager to supervise Christmas tree sales in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, and Coquitlam. The position commences on November 8 (with paid training), and ends on December 23, 2021 with the possibility of extension based on operational needs.
This is an ideal position for those seeking seasonal employment of approximately 40 hrs per week in support of one of Canada’s top 10 impact charities.
The Assistant Operations Manager works alongside the Sales Operations Manager – Social Enterprise, ensuring the overall success of our Christmas tree sales season.
- Management of up to 17 seasonal staff including Sales Managers, Sales Associates, Administrative Assistant and Driver
- Supervision of volunteers
- Inventory management of up to 7000 trees
- Role models and delivers exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit in ensuring sales targets are exceeded
- Management of online tree sales ensuring timely delivery of trees
- Oversight of cash handling, financial record keeping, and budget compliance
- Ensures sales locations comply with health and safety standards
- Manages, responds and resolves customer questions and complaints
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of retail best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Management and supervision experience
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- A valid BC class 5 driver’s license and clear driver abstract
- Standard First Aid
- Physical ability to safely lift and move trees up to 50lbs
- Ability to safely operate hand tools – saw and loppers (training provided)
- Non – profit experience working with volunteers and donors is an asset
- A desire to contribute to Aunt Leah’s mission of building brighter futures for foster kids
- Satisfactory Criminal record check is required before start date
- Ability to commit to 40 hrs per week and be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
Salary: up to $24/hr; commensurate with skills and experience
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will start November 8th