Advertising Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs 2021
This position will plan and implement a wide variety of communication and marketing initiatives that support Aunt Leah’s Friendly Landlord Network (FLN), Supporting Education for Foster Youth (SEFFY) programs, and the overall marketing and communication general programming needs of Aunt Leah’s Place.
Who we are: Aunt Leah’s Place is a registered charity that has been helping kids in foster care and teen moms achieve a better future for over twenty five years. Aunt Leah’s Place helps prevent children in foster care from becoming homeless, and mothers in need from losing custody of their children. To support them on their journey to adulthood, we provide housing, education & training and life skills.
Eligibility: In compliance with the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, to be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Director of Programming
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Writing, Copy Editing and Creating the production and distribution of quality communication & marketing materials (i.e. social media, blogs, website content, photography, video, brochures, posters, newsletters, booklets, proposals, press release/briefing, white papers, annual reports, etc.), including contributions from youth, volunteers, and employees, in both print and digital formats.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to assist in developing communication and marketing strategies and materials that support organization development, community outreach and program-specific objectives.
- Work collaboratively and supportively across multiple departments on their communications and marketing needs.
- Develop relationships and build partnerships with journalists, publishers, bloggers, advocates, stakeholders, funders, and other audiences including partner organizations.
- Create and Assist in updating and maintaining SEFFY/FLN related web-sites, and digital newsletter for relevant stakeholders, and youth participants.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working toward a certificate or diploma in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or graphic design.
- Past experiences in video production, social media, account management/marketing and basic customer service skill.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, services to foster children and knowledge on housing issues of marginalized youth
- Experience in digital communications, including web content development, social media, blogs, and digital newsletters.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Creative Cloud platform (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Lightroom), and Google Nonprofit (i.e. G-Suite, Adwords, My Business) applications
- Adept with video editing software Final Cut & Adobe Premiere
- Creative, team-oriented, and quality minded
- Strategic, hands-on, and detailed oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Reliable and accountable
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Follow and adhere to Aunt Leah’s Code of Ethics
- Schedule flexibility
- Comfortable working in an on-site team environment and independently at an office setting for various projects (New Westminster)
Hours of Work:
Part-Time temporary position (15 hours a week for 12 weeks)
This position may be required to perform other related duties that do not affect the nature of the work.
How to apply:
If you meet the qualifications listed, and wish to work in a collaborative and supportive environment that offers ongoing professional development opportunities, please email your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com. You may also apply on our website at www.auntleahs.org . Short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We thank all interested applicants in advance.