Administrative Assistant – Seymour Office & Donor Relations
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Donor Relations Officer, the Administrative Assistant – Seymour Office will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks to support administrative functions at Aunt Leah’s Vancouver Office, and assist the Resource Development team implementing and maintaining donor recognition and stewardship processes.
Reports to: Donor Relations Officer
Skills & Qualifications:
- Admin/Office Assistant Certificate at a minimum and/or 1 year relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Stellar attention-to-detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- A high level of professionalism
- Experience with database management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Positive attitude, tact, diplomacy
- Organized, flexible, and demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
- General computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work collaboratively within team, but also independently when required
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgement
- Ability to interact and maintain working relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector an asset
- Ability to work independently and has strong initiative
- Ability to work well under limited supervision..
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Adheres to the Society’s Code of Ethics
- CPI – Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
- Ability to work flexible hours, and occasional evenings to assist with events
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
General Responsibilities include:
- Reception duties, front desk & assistance for walk in guests
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manage and respond to incoming phone calls/emails, connecting correspondence to specified team members and/or required departments
- Mailing (distribution, postage, couriers and mail outs)
- Office supply management – keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Kitchen Supplies (ordering and organizing)
- Oversees maintenance and repairs for office building
- Administrative tasks associated with all meetings and events
- All other professional supported needed by the Leadership Team at Seymour Office
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Maintaining office equipment as needed by coordinating and arranging general repairs with leasing and service companies
- Performing general office duties and errands (which may include picking up print communications, event supplies and/or office supplies at Aunt Leah’s New Westminster Office).Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
Donor Recognition and Stewardship:
- Preparing reports for creating & tracking Thank you cards, welcome packages, etc.
- Data entry & database management
- Admin support with Gift Processing
- Assist with the tax receipting process
- Database training and knowledge with Salesforce & Click & Pledge to assist with donation entry
- Event management module assistance & volunteer management module assistance
- Assistance with campaign fundraising mail-outs
- Support the maintenance & ongoing development of the donation tracking systems
- Other duties as assigned by the Development team
This position may be required to perform other related duties that do not affect the nature of the work.
We offer: A comprehensive benefits package (for positions that are longer than 6 months in duration) that
includes: dental, extended health care including vision care and prescription, personal time package, and
employee discount at our Thrift Store.
Hours of Work: Generally Monday to Friday (37.5 hours a week; 7.5 hours/day); may require working some evenings and weekends as well as some remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, quoting Administrative Assistant – Seymour Office & Donor Relations in the subject line, to email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest in Aunt Leah’s Independent Life Skills Society!