Administrative and Communications Assistant – Tree Lots (CSJ)
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Social Enterprise Sales Manager, the Administrative Assistant – Tree Lots will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks to support administrative functions at Aunt Leah’s Tree Lots, and assisting the Tree Lots Operations Manager in implementing and maintaining Tree Lots communications and administrative processes.
Eligibility: In compliance with the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, to be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Reports to: Social Enterprise Sales Manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- Admin/Office Assistant Certificate at a minimum
- 1-year work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Stellar attention-to-detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- A high level of professionalism
- Experience with database management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Positive attitude, tact, diplomacy
- Organized, flexible, and demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
- General computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work closely within a team, but also independently when required
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgement
- Ability to interact and maintain working relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector an asset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work well under general supervision.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Adheres to the Society’s Code of Ethics
- CPI – Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention Training will be an asset
Ability to work flexible hours, and occasional evenings and weekends to assist with Tree Lot operations Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
General Responsibilities include:
- Reception duties, front desk & assistance with Tree Lot phone enquiries
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Mailing (distribution, postage, couriers and mailouts)
- Tree Lot Supply management (ordering and organizing)
- Administrative tasks associated with all meetings and Tree Lot events
- All other administrative supports needed by the Tree Lots Team
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
Tree Lot Administration and Communications;
- Preparing reports for creating & tracking Tree Lot activities, etc.
- Data entry & database management to ensure accurate information
- Admin support in Tree Lot Planning
- Assist with the invoice processing
- Assistance with Sponsorship and fundraising mail-outs
- Manage all Tree Lots Phone and email enquiries, providing accurate up to date information to contacts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Tree Lots Operations Manager
- This position may require some lifting of 25lb or heavier.
- May required to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- It Will require working in an office setting and may include working remotely
- Required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Hours of Work: Full-time temporary (35 hours a day for 8 weeks)
We encourage qualified people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities to apply if you are interested in supporting our mission and mandate and like what we have to offer.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate the position applied for.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will start on November 8th