Accounts Receivable Clerk
Job Summary: The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist the Operations (Finance) department by posting revenues while undertaking various special projects to help streamline the core financial operations.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Post-secondary education in Accounting & Finance is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the non-profit sector will be an asset
- Sage 50 experience would be an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient computer and data entry skills Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Sage Accounting System
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and maintain competing priorities
- Team player and willing to assist wherever needed
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to share and contribute ideas in positive manner for process improvements
- Undergo a Criminal Record Check
- Agrees to the Society’s Code of Ethics
- Follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Attends Staff development and participates in training as requested
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions for deposits.
- Posts donor payments by record cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Prepares bank deposits
- Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Generates financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status as needed
- Provides vacation coverage support as needed
- Works with all staff in ensuring that the proper coding is used for all financial entries
- Assists in the preparation of Financial Reporting
- File and organize Accounts Receivable documents and reports both electronically and physically
- Participates as an active member of the Budget Understanding Committee
- Performs other ad-hoc duties and projects in finance as assigned
- Performs other related duties, as required, that do not affect the nature of the work
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Work performed generally in an office environment
- Ability to work remotely during pandemic
- May be required to attend off-site training on occasion
- Ability to work 7.5 hours a day, and some flexibility for occasional evening or weekend work during peak periods such as fiscal year-end
Hours of Work: Part-Time regular position (7.5 hours a day; 3 days a week = 22.5 hours/week). Preferably Wednesday to Friday with some flexibility, and working remotely during the pandemic 2 days/week with 1 day/week in the office on either Thursdays or Fridays.
We offer: A comprehensive benefit package (for positions that are longer than 6 months in duration) that includes: dental, extended health care including vision care and prescription, personal time package, and employee discount at our Thrift Store.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, quoting Accounts Receivable Clerk in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest in Aunt Leah’s Independent Life Skills Society